[Gluster-users] Directory in split brain does not heal - Gfs 9.2

Ilias Chasapakis forumZFD chasapakis at forumZFD.de
Fri Aug 12 15:12:49 UTC 2022

Dear fellow gluster users,

we are facing a problem with our replica 3 setup. Glusterfs version is 9.2.

We have a problem with a directory that is in split-brain and we cannot
manage to heal with:

> gluster volume heal gfsVol split-brain latest-mtime /folder

The command throws the following error: "failed:Transport endpoint is
not connected."

So the split brain directory entry remains and and so the whole healing
process is not completing and other entries get stuck.

I saw there is a python script available
https://github.com/joejulian/glusterfs-splitbrain
<https://github.com/joejulian/glusterfs-splitbrain> Would that be a good
solution to try? To be honest we are a bit concerned with deleting the
gfid and the files from the brick manually as it seems it can create
inconsistencies and break things... I can of course give you more
information about our setup and situation, but if you already have some
tip, that would be fantastic.

Best regards

Ilias

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden | Committed to Peace

Ilias Chasapakis
Referent IT | IT Consultant

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. | Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273243 | Fax 0221 91273299 |http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt | Executive Board:
Oliver Knabe (Vorsitz | Chair), Jens von Bargen, Alexander Mauz
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden | Donations: IBAN DE37 3702 0500 0008 2401 01 BIC BFSWDE33XXX