[Gluster-users] Geo-replication adding new master node

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Mon May 31 05:07:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

We have a GlusterFS configuration with mirrored nodes on the master side
geo-replicating to mirrored nodes on the secondary side.

When geo-replication is initially created it seems to automatically add all
the mirrored nodes on the master side as geo-replication master nodes,
which is fine. My first question is, if we add a new master side node how
can we add it as a geo-replication master?
This doesn't seem to happen automatically, according to the output of
"gluster volume geo-replication gvol0 secondary::gvol0 status". If we use
the normal "gluster volume geo-replication gvol0 secondary::slave-vol
create push-pem force" it says that the secondary side volume is not empty,
which is true because we're adding a master node to the existing
geo-replication.

My second question is whether we can geo-replicate to multiple nodes on the
secondary side? Ideally we would normally have something like:
master A -> secondary A
master B -> secondary B
master C -> secondary C
so that any master or secondary node could go offline but geo-replication
would keep working.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited