[Gluster-users] Files missing from gluster after attaching disk created from snapshot of existing bricks

Shreyansh Shah shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com
Sat Mar 27 18:29:21 UTC 2021

Hi,
We are running gluster server 5.10, The setup has 7 nodes with 4 bricks on
each node of 4 TB each.
The gluster nodes were hitting 100% CPU hence we increased CPU and had to
create new nodes with new disks. We created new disk from snapshot of the
existing disks (which we have done many times in the past). Due to our
setup constraints we could not detach and attach the same disks to the new
server nodes.
This time after adding the new disks to the volume rebalance fix-layout ran
and post which we cannot see many files at the client. Also on the disks
too we cannot see those files present now. The disk size tough still is the
same. The missing files seems to be random and not from any specific
brick/folder, so we are not able to identify any patter.

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Shreyansh Shah