[Gluster-users] Geo-rep: Version upgrade to version 8 and above

Shwetha Acharya sacharya at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 11:51:59 UTC 2021

Hi all,

With version 8, we have made certain changes
<https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/23733/> to the
directory structure of changelog files in gluster geo-replication.

Thus, *before the upgrade, we need to execute the upgrade script
<https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/commit/2857fe3fad4d2b30894847088a54b847b88a23b9>
with the brick path as argument, *as described below:

1. Stop the geo-rep session
2. Run the upgrade script with the brick path as the argument. Script can
be  used in loop for multiple bricks.
3. Start the upgradation process.

This script will update the existing changelog directory structure and the
paths inside the htime files to a new format introduced in version 8.

If the above mentioned script is not executed, the search algorithm, used
during the history crawl will fail with the wrong result for upgradation
from version 7 and below to version 8 and above.

Regards,
Shwetha