[Gluster-users] Self-heal never finishes

Ben gravyfish at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 02:41:43 UTC 2021

I'm having a problem where once one of my volumes requires healing, it
never finishes the process. I use a 3-node replica cluster (2 node +
arbiter) as oVirt storage for virtual machines. I'm using Gluster version
8.3.

When I patch my Gluster nodes, I try to keep the system online by rebooting
them one at a time. However, I've found that once I reboot node 2, when it
comes back up, self-heal will begin on both node 1 and the arbiter and
never finish. I have let it run for weeks and still have entries in gluster
volume heal <volname> info. No heal entries are reported on the node that
rebooted.

I've set the volumes to the virt group (gluster volume set <volname> group
virt) per the RHEV documentation, and the gluster nodes don't seem to be
overly busy. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction --
since the volumes never heal, I'm basically running on one node. Let me
know what additional info will be helpful for troubleshooting, and thank
you in advance.