[Gluster-users] Healing issues

Valerio Luccio valerio.luccio at nyu.edu
Fri Jul 30 19:57:12 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I have a gluster (v. 5.13) on 4 CentOS 7.8 nodes. I recently had
hardware problems on the RAIDs. I was able to get it back, but I noticed
some odd things, so I did a "gluster volume heal info" and found a ton
of errors. When I tried to do "gluster volume heal" I got the message:

    Launching heal operation to perform index self heal on volume MRIData has been unsuccessful:
    Glusterd Syncop Mgmt brick op 'Heal' failed. Please check glustershd log file for details.

When I look at /var/log/glusterfs/glustershd.log it hasn't changed since
this morning, so I'm not sure how to interpret the the above message.
What am I supposed to look for in the log file ?

Here's a dump of the volume setup:

    Volume Name: MRIData
    Type: Distributed-Replicate
    Volume ID: e051ac20-ead1-4648-9ac6-a29b531515ca
    Snapshot Count: 0
    Number of Bricks: 6 x (2 + 1) = 18
    Transport-type: tcp
    Bricks:
    Brick1: hydra1:/gluster1/data
    Brick2: hydra1:/gluster2/data
    Brick3: hydra1:/arbiter/1 (arbiter)
    Brick4: hydra1:/gluster3/data
    Brick5: hydra2:/gluster1/data
    Brick6: hydra1:/arbiter/2 (arbiter)
    Brick7: hydra2:/gluster2/data
    Brick8: hydra2:/gluster3/data
    Brick9: hydra2:/arbiter/1 (arbiter)
    Brick10: hydra3:/gluster1/data
    Brick11: hydra3:/gluster2/data
    Brick12: hydra3:/arbiter/1 (arbiter)
    Brick13: hydra3:/gluster3/data
    Brick14: hydra4:/gluster1/data
    Brick15: hydra3:/arbiter/2 (arbiter)
    Brick16: hydra4:/gluster2/data
    Brick17: hydra4:/gluster3/data
    Brick18: hydra4:/arbiter/1 (arbiter)
    Options Reconfigured:
    storage.owner-gid: 36
    storage.owner-uid: 36
    cluster.choose-local: off
    user.cifs: off
    features.shard: on
    cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000
    cluster.shd-max-threads: 8
    cluster.locking-scheme: granular
    cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
    cluster.server-quorum-type: server
    cluster.eager-lock: enable
    network.remote-dio: enable
    performance.low-prio-threads: 32
    performance.io-cache: off
    performance.read-ahead: off
    performance.quick-read: off
    auth.allow: *
    network.ping-timeout: 10
    server.allow-insecure: on
    cluster.quorum-type: auto
    cluster.self-heal-daemon: on
    cluster.entry-self-heal: on
    cluster.metadata-self-heal: on
    cluster.data-self-heal: on
    features.cache-invalidation: off
    transport.address-family: inet
    nfs.disable: on
    nfs.exports-auth-enable: on

Thanks for all replies,

--
As a result of Coronavirus-related precautions, NYU and the Center for
Brain Imaging operations will be managed remotely until further notice.
at valerio.luccio at nyu.edu
For TMS/EEG-related emergency, please contact: Chrysa Papadaniil at
chrysa at nyu.edu
For CBI-related administrative emergency, please contact: Jennifer
Mangan at jennifer.mangan at nyu.edu

Valerio Luccio 		(212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging 		4 Washington Place, Room 158
New York University 		New York, NY 10003

    "In an open world, who needs windows or gates ?"