[Gluster-users] Read from fastest node only

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Wed Jul 28 07:26:22 UTC 2021

Il 2021-07-28 09:20 Yaniv Kaul ha scritto:
> In real life, the 'best' node is the one with the highest overall free
> resources, across CPU, network and disk IO. So it could change and it
> might change all the time.
> Network, disk saturation might be common, disk performing garbage
> collection, CPU being hogged by something, noisy neighbor, etc...
>
> Our latency check is indeed not per file, AFAIK.
> Y.

Hi, while true, in small cluster often the "best" node is the local one.
Once upon a time Gluster was able to prefer reads from the local node,
but I seem to remember that the option was changed/removed in later
version.
Nowaday, how one can instruct Gluster to read from the local node rather
then from remote ones?
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan