[Gluster-users] Read from fastest node only

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Wed Jul 28 02:49:16 UTC 2021

Hi Yaniv,

It may be my lack of knowledge, but I can't see how the fastest response
time could differ from file to file. If that's true then it would be enough
to only periodically test which node is fastest for this client, not having
to do it for every single read.

Thanks for the tip about read-hash-mode. I see the help is as below. Value
4 may help, but not if the latency is tested for every file read. Value 0
may help, but it depends how the children are ordered. Does anyone know
more about how these work?

Option: cluster.read-hash-mode
Default Value: 1
AFR will prefer the one computed using the method specified using this
option.
0 = first readable child of AFR, starting from 1st child.
1 = hash by GFID of file (all clients use same subvolume).
2 = hash by GFID of file and client PID.
3 = brick having the least outstanding read requests.
4 = brick having the least network ping latency.

Thanks again.