[Gluster-users] Read from fastest node only

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Tue Jul 27 06:49:21 UTC 2021

Hello,

We have a replicated GlusterFS cluster, and my understanding is that the
GlusterFS FUSE client will check the file with all nodes before doing a
read.

For our application it is not actually critical to be certain of having the
latest version of a file, and it would be preferable to speed up the read
by simply reading the file from the fastest node. This would be especially
beneficial if some of the other nodes have higher latency from the client.

Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics Limited
http://voisonics.com/