[Gluster-users] Need hardware suggestions for gluster + archival usecase

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 10:26:00 UTC 2021

I can add that you should use bitrod, if you plan to keep data in glusterfs for a longer period.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 0:29, Gionatan Danti<g.danti at assyoma.it> wrote:   Il 2021-07-14 08:03 Pranith Kumar Karampuri ha scritto:
> Hi,
>      I am researching the kind of hardware that would be best for
> archival use case. We probably need to keep the data anywhere between
> 20-40 years. Do let us know what you think would be best.

I think nobody can recommend anything on that timespan apart the
suggestion "use *good* tapes".
After all, 40 years ago we were on the verge of entering the Commodore
64 and 286 era... dunno what we will use 40 years from now.
Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico