[Gluster-users] distributed glusterfs volume of four ramdisks problems

Ewen Chan alpha754293 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 01:31:04 UTC 2021

Yaniv:

So I just tried to it with just straight tcp with tmpfs, and that failed.

That's a bummer because I remember being able to do it with gluster version 3.7 (# yum -y install centos-release-gluster37) and I was able to do this with the version back then.

So it looks like that the only way the latest version of glusterfs works is with, for example, xfs over tcp as opposed to tmpfs over rdma which I used to be able to do in a much older version of gluster.

Bummer.

Not really sure why it doesn't work with tmpfs over tcp.

(I just tested it by creating a new gluster volume, gv3, to see if that was going to work or not. It was able to create the gluster volume, but couldn't start said gluster volume.)

Attached are the logs.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Ewen