[Gluster-users] locks transitions: libgfapi <=> fuse - how it works?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 11:54:11 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

This what I wonder must not be a first time thought of - why
what is locked in/via libgfapi is not transitioned to fuse?
In case I my choice of words it poor here is a basic example:
- have your libvirt access a gluster vol and run your VMs
off it then fuse-mount that same vol and files which you
know libvirt is using right now have locks absent in such
fuse mount point.
That sure must not be by design and I must be missing something.
Would you know how that really works?
many thanks, L.