[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] high load when copy directory with many files

Xavi Hernandez jahernan at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 07:01:08 UTC 2021

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:29 AM Amar Tumballi <amar at kadalu.io> wrote:

> Hi Marco, this is really good test/info. Thanks.
>
> One more thing to observe is you are running such tests is 'gluster
> profile info', so the bottleneck fop is listed.
>
> Mohit, Xavi, in this parallel operations, the load may be high due to
> inodelk used in mds xattr update in dht? Or you guys suspect something else?

A profile info would be very useful to know which fop gets more requests. I
think inodelk by itself shouldn't be an issue (I guess we are setting mds
only once, right ?). In theory we shouldn't be sending any operation on an
inode without a previous successful lookup, and in this case lookups should
fail, so I don't clearly see what's the difference compared to an stat.

We should investigate this. I'll try to do some experiments (not sure if
this week, though).

Regards,

Xavi