[Gluster-users] Description of performance.cache-size

Shreyansh Shah shreyansh.shah at alpha-grep.com
Tue Sep 22 09:29:00 UTC 2020

Hi,
We are using distributed gluster version 5.10 (7 nodes with 2 bricks per
node, i.e 14 bricks total).

We have set the performance.cache-size parameter as 8GB on server. We
assumed that this config parameter indicates the amount of RAM that will be
used on the client machine (i.e. upto 8 GB of RAM to be used for data
caching at clients). But we observed that on a machine the RAM usage of
glusterfs process was around 17GB.

So we want to know whether our understanding of the parameter is correct?
Or something else that we have missed.

Below are the options configured at glusterfs server, please advise if we
can add/tune some parameters to extract more performance.
storage.health-check-interval: 10
performance.client-io-threads: on
performance.cache-refresh-timeout: 60
performance.cache-size: 8GB