[Gluster-users] Fwd: New GlusterFS deployment, doubts on 1 brick per host vs 1 brick per drive.

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Thu Sep 10 06:33:21 UTC 2020

Il 09/09/20 15:30, Miguel Mascarenhas Filipe ha scritto:

I'm a noob, but IIUC this is the option giving the best performance:

> 2. 1 brick per drive, Gluster "distributed replicated" volumes, no
> internal redundancy

Clients can write to both servers in parallel and read scattered (read
performance using multiple files ~ 16x vs 2x with a single disk per
host). Moreover it's easier to extend.
But why ZFS instead of XFS ? In my experience it's heavier.

PS: add a third host ASAP, at least for arbiter volumes (replica 3
arbiter 1). Split brain can be a real pain to fix!

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia