[Gluster-users] Gluster monitoring

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Tue Oct 27 17:08:03 UTC 2020

We have been using zabbix for tracking gluster but  that works because
we are using zabbix for the rest of our monitoring of things like
network and disk IO.

One thing to track that is not part of the usual suspects is the heal
counts.
They should always be 0 unless you have a problem somewhere.

On 10/27/20 12:25 AM, Mahdi Adnan wrote:

> Hello
>
>  How do you keep track of the health status of your Gluster volumes?
> When Brick went down (crash, failure, shutdown), node failure, peering
> issue, on-going healing?
>

> Gluster Tendrl is complex and sometimes it's broken, Prometheus
> exporter still lacking, gstatus is basic.
>
> Currently, to monitor a Gluster volume, a custom script should be used
> to gather whatever info needed for monitoring or a combination of the
> mentioned tools.
>

> Can Gluster have something similar to Ceph and display the health of
> the entire cluster? I know Ceph uses it’s “Monitors” to keep track of
> everything going inside the cluster, but Gluster should also have a
> way to keep track of the cluster’s health.
>

> How’s the community experience with Gluster monitoring? How are you
> managing and tracking alerts and issues? Any recommendations?
>

> Thank you.
>

> --
> Respectfully
> Mahdi
>
> ________
>

> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (647)478-6285
alvin at netvel.net              ||