[Gluster-users] Upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7 stuck (peer is rejected)

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Mon Oct 26 18:38:22 UTC 2020

Ok I see I won't go down that path of disabling quota.

I could now remove the arbiter brick of my volume which has the quota issue so it is now a simple 2 nodes replica with 1 brick per node.

Now I would like to add the brick back but I get the following error:

volume add-brick: failed: Host arbiternode.domain.tld is not in 'Peer in Cluster' state

In fact I checked and the arbiter node is still rejected as you can see here:

State: Peer Rejected (Connected)

On the arbiter node glusted.log file I see the following errors:

[2020-10-26 18:35:05.605124] E [MSGID: 106012] [glusterd-utils.c:3682:glusterd_compare_friend_volume] 0-management: Cksums of quota configuration of volume woelkli-private differ. local cksum = 0, remote  cksum = 66908910 on peer node1.domain.tld
[2020-10-26 18:35:05.617009] E [MSGID: 106012] [glusterd-utils.c:3682:glusterd_compare_friend_volume] 0-management: Cksums of quota configuration of volume myvol-private differ. local cksum = 0, remote  cksum = 66908910 on peer node2.domain.tld

So although I have removed the arbiter brick from my volume it it still complains about that checksum of the quota configuration. I also tried to restart glusterd on my arbiter node but it does not help. The peer is still rejected.

What should I do at this stage?