[Gluster-users] problems with heal.

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Mon Oct 19 10:02:19 UTC 2020

On 10/19/20 7:29 AM, Ashish Pandey wrote:
> Hi Alvin,
>
> As Yaniv also pointed out, you are running a very old version which is
> difficult to debug and support.
> So,  you should upgrade gluster version if you want to have better
> performance and less bug and also good community support.
>
> Having said that, I would suggest to use
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/devel/tools/gfind_missing_files/gfid_to_path.sh
>
> to find out the real path of all the files/dir coming up in heal info
> list  and then accordingly check your data and get it healed.
>
> Once your system is back to normal, please upgrade it to latest version.
>
> ---
> Ashish

I had similar problem with heal of one directory and subdirectories.

The script above did not work for 3.10, I had to use this one:

https://gist.github.com/louiszuckerman/4392640

and execute

find . |xargs stat

on listed top directories in mount point. See:
https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2016-January/024789.html

Regards,
Łukasz