[Gluster-users] Meeting Minutes for Gluster Community Meeting on 13-10-2020
nladha at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 12:36:31 UTC 2020
# Gluster Community Meeting - 13/10/2020
### Previous Meeting minutes:
- Details of this meeting
### Date/Time: Check the [community calendar](
* APAC/EMEA friendly hours
- Tuesday 13/10/2020, 02:30PM IST
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
- Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
- Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
* Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
* Saju Mohammed - Red Hat
* Pranith Kumar Karampuri - PhonePe
* Ravi (itisravi) -Red Hat
* Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
* Rafi KC - iTernity
* Barak Sason Rofman - Red Hat
* Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
* Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
* Aravinda Vishwanathapura (aravindavk) - Kadalu.io
* Shwetha Acharya - Red Hat
* Csaba Henk (Red Hat)
* Sheetal Pamecha (spamecha) - Red Hat
* Vinayakswami Hariharmath - RedHat
### User stories
* Project metrics:
| Metrics | Value |
| ------------------------- | -------- |
|[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs) | 62 |
|[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) | 83 |
|[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](
| 9 |
|[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues) |
* Any release updates?
* Gluster release 7.8 announced on 30-09-2020
* [Rinku] Release-8: I am not seeing pull requests in Release-8 branch
* Might get Delay Because of geo-rep regression failure
* Blocker issues across the project?
* [Pranith] Regression test crashing in Github after migration
* Notable thread from mailing list
### Conferences / Meetups
* Event dates: The whole month of October.
* Venue: Online
### GlusterFS - v9.0 and beyond
* Gluster release 9 roadmap [tracker](
* [Saju] No major updates, will be updating the tracker.
### Developer focus
* Any design specs to discuss?
* [Pranith] Design specs for DHT-rebalance
* [Rinku] Tagging the PR with appropiate tags, will help in not missing
out any of the important updates in the branch.
### Component status
* Arbiter - None
* AFR - [Ravi] Will be working on the patch, as per the comments.
* DHT - [Barak] Global layout update
* EC - None
* DOC - None
* Geo Replication - [Ravi] Problematic language update
* [Shwetha] rsync config with verbose support, make passive worker sync
self-heal traffic- request for review
* Glusterd - [Nikhil] enhancements to port mapper,
* [Srijan] cleaning up the code and improving the 5k vol with Brick Mux.
### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
### Gluster Friday Five
* Every friday we release this, which basically covers highlight of week in
gluster. Also, you can find more videos in youtube link.
* No more updates are coming on this channel, so it can be removed from
the agenda from next meeting onwards.
* Who will host next meeting?
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to
mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about
their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to
- Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel and
* Who will take notes from the next meeting?
* I notice that some people are tagging the pull request with appropriate
tag. I would request everybody to tag it with correct branch so that none
of the patches get missed for merging.
* Slack invitaion [link](
* [Barak] Patch for rebalance update in DHT
* [Issue](https://github.com/gluster/glusto-tests/issues/33) opened to
improve glusto-test's framework, data correctness verification.
* [Csaba] Updated the above issue with his findings on rsync.
### Action Items on host
* Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-users