[Gluster-users] gluster daemons missing in debian buster 10.5 after glusterfs 7.8-1 installed?

peter knezel peter.knezel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:26:16 UTC 2020

Well, i understand that there is a change and acted afterwards accordingly
- enabled them manually.
But why i do not see same daemons?
was there a crucial change between 7.7-1 and 7.8-1?

on a server, which was updated from stretch to buster:
# dpkg -l|grep gluster
ii  glusterfs-client                   7.7-1
amd64        clustered file-system (client package)
ii  glusterfs-common                   7.7-1
amd64        GlusterFS common libraries and translator modules
ii  glusterfs-server                   7.7-1
amd64        clustered file-system (server package)

# systemctl --all|grep gluster
  srv-gluster-xftpservices.mount
                                      loaded    active   mounted
/srv/gluster/xftpservices
  var-log-glusterfs.mount
                                     loaded    active   mounted
/var/log/glusterfs
  glusterd.service
                                      loaded    active   running
GlusterFS, a clustered file-system server
  glustereventsd.service
                                      loaded    active   running   Gluster
Events Notifier
  glusterfssharedstorage.service
                                      loaded    active   running   Mount
glusterfs sharedstorage

on a clear buster server installed from scratch:

# dpkg -l|grep gluster
ii  glusterfs-client                     7.8-1
  amd64        clustered file-system (client package)
ii  glusterfs-common                     7.8-1
  amd64        GlusterFS common libraries and translator modules
ii  glusterfs-server                     7.8-1
  amd64        clustered file-system (server package)
ii  libglusterfs0:amd64                  7.8-1
  amd64        GlusterFS shared library

# systemctl --all|grep gluster
  srv-gluster-xftpservices.mount
                                      loaded    active   mounted
/srv/gluster/xftpservices
  var-log-glusterfs.mount
                                     loaded    active   mounted
/var/log/glusterfs
  glusterd.service
                                      loaded    active   running
GlusterFS, a clustered file-system server
  glustereventsd.service
                                      loaded    active   running   Gluster
Events Notifier

Thanks for help in advance.