[Gluster-users] Glusterfs as databse store

Olaf Buitelaar olaf.buitelaar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:50:43 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

I've been running databases both directly and indirectly through qemu
images vms (managed by oVirt), and since the recent gluster versions (6+,
haven't tested 7-8) I'm generally happy with the stability. I'm running
mostly write intensive workloads.
For mariadb, any gluster volume seems to workfine, i've both running shared
and none-sharded volumes (using none-sharded for backup slave's to keep the
file's as a whole).
For postgresql it's required to enable the volume
option; performance.strict-o-direct: on.  but both shared and none-sharded
work in that case too.
none the less i would advise to run any database with strict-o-direct on.

Best Olaf