[Gluster-users] Recommended version for use with RHEV

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 19:07:30 UTC 2020

ovirt 4.4 is using Gluster v7 and is based on CentOS 8/CentOS Stream.
I have been running my oVirt 4.3 with Gluster v7 for months without anything serious.
Either take v7 or v8 - both are supported.

About the repos, you can use CentOS Storage SIG repos for seemless gluster experience.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov

В вторник, 17 ноември 2020 г., 18:47:19 Гринуич+2, David Gossage <dgossage at carouselchecks.com> написа:

I am using RHEV 4.2 and wanted to implement a gluster store for VM's.  I don't currently have permission for budget allocation for RHS so am looking to what version would be recommended.

When I see what is available in repo for client in redhat I see 3.12
Should I be looking to install an old line of 3.12 from some older repo on storage servers or would I be setting up different gluster repos and using a more recent client on RHEV to link against a newer gluster line?  RHEV is running on 7 line, and will probably keep gluster on centos7 unless their is a good reason to have it at 8

Anyone have experience with this recently?

David Gossage
Carousel Checks Inc. | System AdministratorOffice 708.613.2284
Pronouns: he, him, his
________

Community Meeting Calendar:

Schedule -