[Gluster-users] Docs on gluster parameters

Mahdi Adnan mahdi at sysmin.io
Fri Nov 13 21:53:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

 Differently, the Gluster docs missing quite a bit regarding the available
options that can be used in the volumes.
Not only that, there are some options that might corrupt data and do not
have proper documentation, for example, disable Sharding will lead to data
corruption and I think it does not give any warning? "maybe I'm wrong
regarding the warning tho" and I can not find any details about it in the
official Gluster docs. The same goes for multiple clients accessing a
volume with Sharding enabled.
also, in some cases, write-behind and stat-prefetch can lead to data
inconsistency if multiple clients accessing the same data.
I think having solid "Official" Gluster docs with all of these details is
essential to have stable Gluster deployments.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:34 PM Eli V <eliventer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think docs.gluster.org needs a section on the available parameters,
> especially considering how important some of them can be. For example
> a google for performance.parallel-readdir, or
> features.cache-invalidation only seems to turn up some hits in the
> release notes on docs.gluster.org. I woudn't expect a new user to have
> to go read the release notes for all previous releases to understand
> the importance of these parameters, or what paremeters even exist.
> ________
>

> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://meet.google.com/cpu-eiue-hvk

Respectfully
Mahdi