[Gluster-users] Export gluster with NFS

Alex K rightkicktech at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:59:22 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020, 17:17 Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I have been playing arround with the NFS Ganesha on EL8 and I was
> surprised that the solution deploys the cluster with a 'portblock' resource
> which is relying on IPTABLES, when the default is NFTABLES... Also, some
> selinux issues came up.
> I think that Ganesha with Pacemaker integration is quite good and reliable
> and will ensure that your NFS clients will remain operational.

Sounds similar with how one configures iscsi with pacemaker, where one uses
portblock to ease the transition of clients in the event of migration.

> Also, it's worth noting that RHEL support only corosync/pacemaker setup .

I will run the all setup to make all steps clear in my mind. I was confused
from the following commands which were not recognized (using Debian 10)

gluster nfs-ganesha enable

gluster volume set <volname> ganesha.enable on

I might be missing some step.