[Gluster-users] df shows wrong mount size, after adding bricks to volume

Petr Certik petr at certik.cz
Wed May 27 09:00:32 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

we've been running a replicated volume for a while, with three ~1 TB
bricks. Recently we've added three more same-sized bricks, making it a
2 x 3 distributed replicated volume. However, even after rebalance,
the `df` command on a client shows the correct used/size percentage,
but wrong absolute sizes. The size still shows up as ~1 TB while in
reality it should be around 2 TB, and both "used" and "available"
reported sizes are about half of what they should be. The clients were
an old version (5.5), but even after upgrade to 7.2 and remount, the
reported sizes are still wrong. There are no heal entries. What can I
do to fix this?

OS: debian buster everywhere
Server version: 7.3-1, opversion: 70200
Client versions: 5.5-3, 7.6-1, opversions: 50400, 70200

root at imagegluster1:~# gluster volume info gv0
Volume Name: gv0
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Volume ID: 5505d350-9b61-4056-9054-de9dfb58eab7
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 2 x 3 = 6
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: imagegluster1:/data/brick
Brick2: imagegluster2:/data/brick
Brick3: imagegluster3:/data/brick
Brick4: imagegluster1:/data2/brick
Brick5: imagegluster2:/data2/brick
Brick6: imagegluster3:/data2/brick
Options Reconfigured:
features.cache-invalidation: on
transport.address-family: inet
storage.fips-mode-rchecksum: on
nfs.disable: on
performance.client-io-threads: off

root at imagegluster1:~# df -h
/dev/sdb1       894G  470G  425G  53% /data2
/dev/sdc1       894G  469G  426G  53% /data

root at any-of-the-clients:~# df -h
Filesystem         Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
imagegluster:/gv0  894G  478G  416G  54% /mnt/gluster

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide about our setup.

Cheers,
Petr Certik