[Gluster-users] Georeplication questions

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:07:26 UTC 2020

Hi again,

I have more questions about geo-replication on oVirt-RHHI

Need to understand somethings about DR on oVirt-HI

1 - What does mean : Scheduling regular backups using geo-replication
(point 3.3.4 RHHI 1.7 Doc Maintaining RHHI)
     - Does this mean creating a check-point?
     - If yes, does this mean that the geo-replication process will sync
data up to that check-point and then stops the synchronization, then repeat
the same cycle the day after? does this mean that the minimum RPO is one
day?

2 - Why the use of this check-point? why not let the geo-replication work
all the time?
3 - Geo-replication can be started/stoped after at any time, could this be
a problem when executing a disaster-recovery?
4 - I am running a test environnement, and it's not up all the time, but I
noticed this, if the geo-replication is running and the time of the
schedule (the check-point hour) is reached, the replication is stopped.
What does this mean?
5 - I created a snapshot of a VM on the source Manager, I synced the volume
then I executed a DR, The VM was started on the Target Manager but the VM
didn't have its snapshot, any idea???

Regards and be safe .