[Gluster-users] just discovered that OpenShift/OKD dropped GlusterFS storage support...

Aravinda VK aravinda at kadalu.io
Thu Mar 19 03:27:29 UTC 2020

Hi Arman,

Not sure about Openshift dropping the support for GlusterFS. But a few GlusterFS maintainers started a new project “Kadalu” to provide persistent storage solutions based on GlusterFS for applications running in Kubernetes/Openshift/Rancher(or any other variant of K8s).

More details about the project is available here https://kadalu.io <https://kadalu.io/>

A few highlights of Kadalu,

- Based on GlusterFS
- Not using management layer of GlusterFS(ie.., Glusterd), instead integrated natively with Kubernetes APIs to manage GlusterFS
- RWO and RWX PVs are supported
- Easy to setup and use

Blog: https://kadalu.io/blog <https://kadalu.io/blog>
Github: https://github.com/kadalu/kadalu <https://github.com/kadalu/kadalu>

We are making a steady progress towards Goal of making storage easy in Kubernetes and our v1.0 release. Please try Kadalu Storage and provide feedback.

Thanks
Aravinda Vishwanathapura
https://kadalu.io