[Gluster-users] Disk use with GlusterFS

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Thu Mar 5 03:32:09 UTC 2020

Hello,

We are looking for some advice on disk use. This is on a single node
GlusterFS test server.

There's a 2GB partition for GlusterFS. Of that, 470MB is used for actual
data, and 1GB is used by the .glusterfs directory. The .glusterfs directory
is mostly used by the two-character directories and the "changelogs"
directory. Why is so much used by .glusterfs, and can we reduce that
overhead?

We also have a problem with this test system where GlusterFS is giving "No
space left on device" errors. That's despite "df" reporting only 54% used,
and even if we add the 470MB to 1GB used above, that still comes out to
less than the 2GB available, so there should be some spare.

Would anyone be able to advise on these please? Thank you in advance.

The GlusterFS version is 5.11 and here is the volume information:

Volume Name: gvol0
Type: Distribute
Volume ID: 33ed309b-0e63-4f9a-8132-ab1b0fdcbc36
Snapshot Count: 0
Number of Bricks: 1
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: myhost:/nodirectwritedata/gluster/gvol0
Options Reconfigured:
transport.address-family: inet
nfs.disable: on
geo-replication.indexing: on