[Gluster-users] Geo-replication

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 05:08:31 UTC 2020

On March 3, 2020 4:13:38 AM GMT+02:00, David Cunningham <dcunningham at voisonics.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Thanks for that. When we re-tried with push-pem from cafs10 (on the
>A/master cluster) it failed with "Unable to mount and fetch slave
>volume
>details." and in the logs we see:
>
>[2020-03-03 02:07:42.614911] E
>[name.c:258:af_inet_client_get_remote_sockaddr] 0-gvol0-client-0: DNS
>resolution failed on host nvfs10.local
>[2020-03-03 02:07:42.638824] E
>[name.c:258:af_inet_client_get_remote_sockaddr] 0-gvol0-client-1: DNS
>resolution failed on host nvfs20.local
>[2020-03-03 02:07:42.664493] E
>[name.c:258:af_inet_client_get_remote_sockaddr] 0-gvol0-client-2: DNS
>resolution failed on host nvfs30.local
>
>These .local addresses are the LAN addresses that B/slave nodes nvfs10,
>nvfs20, and nvfs30 replicate with. It seems that the A/master needs to
>be
>able to contact those addresses. Is that right? If it is then we'll
>need to
>re-do the B cluster to replicate using publicly accessible IP addresses
>instead of their LAN.
>
>Thank you.
>

>On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 20:53, Aravinda VK <aravinda at kadalu.io> wrote:
>
>> Looks like setup issue to me. Copying SSH keys manually is not
>required.
>>
>> Command prefix is required while adding to authorized_keys file in
>each
>> remote nodes. That will not be available if ssh keys are added
>manually.
>>
>> Geo-rep specifies /nonexisting/gsyncd in the command to make sure it
>> connects via the actual command specified in authorized_keys file, in
>your
>> case Geo-replication is actually looking for gsyncd command in
>> /nonexisting/gsyncd path.
>>
>> Please try with push-pem option during Geo-rep create command.

>> Aravinda Vishwanathapura
>> https://kadalu.io
>>

>> On 02-Mar-2020, at 6:03 AM, David Cunningham
><dcunningham at voisonics.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We've set up geo-replication but it isn't actually syncing. Scenario
>is
>> that we have two GFS clusters. Cluster A has nodes cafs10, cafs20,
>and
>> cafs30, replicating with each other over a LAN. Cluster B has nodes
>nvfs10,
>> nvfs20, and nvfs30 also replicating with each other over a LAN. We
>are
>> geo-replicating data from the A cluster to the B cluster over the
>internet.
>> SSH key access is set up, allowing all the A nodes password-less
>access to
>> root on nvfs10
>>
>> Geo-replication was set up using these commands, run on cafs10:
>>
>> gluster volume geo-replication gvol0 nvfs10.example.com::gvol0 create
>> ssh-port 8822 no-verify
> [...]

Hey David,

Why don't you set the B cluster's hostnames in /etc/hosts of all A cluster nodes ?

Maybe you won't need to rebuild  the whole B cluster.

I guess the A cluster nodes nees to be able to reach all nodes from B cluster, so you might need to change the firewall settings.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov