[Gluster-users] Reliable Geo-Replication

Felix Kölzow felix.koelzow at gmx.de
Thu Jun 25 06:55:41 UTC 2020

Dear Gluster-users,

I deleted a further the geo-replication session with [reset-sync-time]
option. Afterwards,
I recreated the session, and as expected, the session starts in the
hybrid crawl.
I can see some sync jobs are running in the gsyncd.log file and after a
couple of hours,
there are no such entries anymore.

I switched into the log_level DEBUG mode to see what's going on:
gluster volume masterVOlume geoRepHost:slaveVol config log_level DEBUG

It seems to me that the xsync mode is in loop since the same files
appear over and over again in the log-file.
Now we have two volume in this "loop"-state and the third volume also
still has a broken geo-replication.

So any help is appreciated how to fix this or which information is
required to find the root cause?

As mentioned before, all these gathered information could be used to
improve the geo-replication trouble-shooting documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Felix