[Gluster-users] GlusterFS - 8.0RC Test day (29th Jun 2020)

Sanju Rakonde srakonde at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 11:39:09 UTC 2020

Hi glusterfs community,

We are planning a Test day on 29th Jun 2020, mainly to focus on upgrade
testing to release-8.0RC.

Also, we are planning to automate the upgrade test flow. @Prajith Kesava
Prasad <pkesavap at redhat.com>  be automating the rolling upgrade flow using
ansible. We need to capture the tests which have to be performed as a basic
sanity check with respect to every component.

As part of test day, we want to focus on upgrade to Glusterfs-8 and report
the bugs if any. Some of the key things we are looking as bug reports are:

   - Please check if the upgrade from any of the supported to version to
   release-8 is smooth, report bugs if you find anything unexpected
   - Please check the functionality is all expected in your component or
   use-case.
   - Please check if the logs are in good shape and not flooding

Please send us the scripts or tests which you have tested as a basic sanity
check for your component or use case. so that they can be included in
automation.

our goal is to identify as many issues as possible, and if any major issues
are found, we fix them before making a release. So, please feel free to
report more issue.

--
Thanks,
Sanju