[Gluster-users] Gluster Test Day

Rinku Kothiya rkothiya at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 11:00:47 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Release-8 RC0 packages are built. As this is a major release we want to
ensure that the
upgrades are possible without any problems from gluster version 5, 6 and 7.
For this we have organized an online test day on Tuesday 30-Jun-2020, from
11am to 4:30pm IST.

Prerequisite would be to have your specific distro machine where you can
clone gluster and work on it.
I was facing challenges to compile the glusterfs release-7 on fedora32 so I
used a fedora30.
If others are seeing similar problems then please help with a work around
or a fix for this before the test day.
Another option would be to use some other version of the distro like I used
Fedora30.

Also for people who would like to contribute to automating this test can
join and contribute.
Sanju Rakonde will be leading this effort. I request you all to participate
and make this
a successful event.

[1] To join the video meeting, click the below link :
    https://meet.google.com/qey-fvmt-uda
    you can also join via phone, Dial-in: (US) +1 361-271-3542 PIN: 122 789
544#

[2] Date and Time : Tuesday 30-Jun-2020, from 11am to 4:30pm IST

[3] The document link where the results can be shared :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16NaDFgiotJRLBgMQV4-Z0j0qhqdwenkQa_MkY7XHBQ8/edit?usp=sharing

[4] Packages are available at :
    https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/8.0rc0/

[5] Packages are signed and the public key is at :
    https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/6/rsa.pub

Regards
Rinku