[Gluster-users] State of Gluster project

Erik Jacobson erik.jacobson at hpe.com
Mon Jun 22 15:48:43 UTC 2020

> For NVMe/SSD  - raid controller is pointless ,  so JBOD makes  most sense.

I am game for an education lesson here. We're still using spinng drives
with big RAID caches but we keep discussing SSD in the context of RAID. I
have read for many real-world workloads, RAID0 makes no sense with
modern SSDs. I get that part. But if your concern is reliability and
reducing the need to mess with Gluster to recover from a drive failure,
a RAID1 or or RADI10 (or some other with redundancy) would seem to at
least make sense from that perspective.

Was your answer a performance answer? Or am I missing something about
RAIDs for redundancy and SSDs being a bad choice?

Thanks again as always,

Erik