[Gluster-users] State of Gluster project

Mahdi Adnan mahdi at sysmin.io
Mon Jun 22 13:13:29 UTC 2020

We had a distributed replicated volume of 3 x 7 HDD, the volume was used
for small files workload with heavy IO, we decided to replace the
bricks with SSDs because of IO saturation to the disks, so we started by
swapping the bricks one by one, and the fun started, some files lost its
attributes and we had to manually fix the missing attributes by removing
the file and its gfid and copy the file again to the volume.
This issue affected 5 of the 21 bricks.
On another volume, we had a disk failure and during the replace brick
process, the mount point of one of the clients crashed.

--
Respectfully
Mahdi