[Gluster-users] State of Gluster project

sankarshan sankarshan at kadalu.io
Wed Jun 17 05:02:35 UTC 2020

The note from Mahdi raises some key aspects in which our community
evaluates the project and we should consider those as important key
indicators.

The essence of what was put together at
https://www.gluster.org/building-a-longer-term-focus-for-gluster/
continues to hold true and a summary of the work ongoing is provided
at https://www.gluster.org/update-from-the-team/ I agree that this is
a good time to build on the last update and provide better guidance on
the improvements coming up. Gluster will continue to deliver on the
promise of a simple and scalable software defined storage. What we
need includes more focus on creating test paths and testing matrix
which allows more complex scenarios to be tested. This helps us
address the topics raised often during release conversations -
performance for workloads (and there's already work underway for
this).

I'll take away the expressed need to be more open about what is
happening with the project and be able to share it with the community.

--
sankarshan at kadalu.io | TZ: UTC+0530 | +91 99606 03294
kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!