[Gluster-users] unable to connect to download.gluster.org

Hu Bert revirii at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:54:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

On some of my other servers i had similar problems with wget/curl,
which failed to download some xml files, and the current problem
reminded me of that former one; so i did a try with curl:

curl --local-port 50000-51000
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/6/6.9/Debian/buster/amd64/apt/

That works. So it's a problem with the local port apt creates/uses.
There was this setting in /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 12000    65000

But i had disabled that setting weeks ago - but somehow it didn't
become active (even with sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf) on these 2
servers; i now rebooted the servers, and finally it works now.

Sorry for the disturbance in the force ;-)

Best regards,
Hubert