[Gluster-users] [ovirt-users] Re: Single instance scaleup.

Krist van Besien krist.vanbesien at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:37:18 UTC 2020

Hi all.

I acrtually did something like that myself.

I started out with a single node HC cluster. I then added another node (and plan to add a third). This is what I did:

1) Set up the new node. Make sure that you have all dependencies. (In my case I started with a Centos 8 machine, and installed vdms-gluster and gluster-ansible)
2) Configure the bricks. For this I just copied over hc_wizard_inventory.yml over from the first node, edited it to fit the second node, and just ran the gluster.infra role.
3) Expand the volume. In this case with the following command:
gluster volume add-brick engine replica 2 <host>:/gluster_bricks/engine/engine
4) now just add the host as a hypervisor using the management console.

I plan on adding a third node. Then I want to have full replica on the engine, and replica 2 + arbiter on the vmstore volume.

Expanding gluster volumes, migrating from distributed to replicated and even replacing bricks etc. is rather easy in Gluster once you know how it works. I have even replaced all the servers on a live gluster cluster, without service interruption…

Krist