[Gluster-users] NFS clients show missing files while gluster volume rebalanced

Erik Jacobson erik.jacobson at hpe.com
Thu Jan 30 17:14:39 UTC 2020

> Can you provide the volume info.
> Also check the logs for the rebalance. There should be some valuable info on what is going on.

Hello thank you for replying.

The re-balance log is between 20M and 40M on all 9 nodes.

Even xz-compressing one gets us to 1.8M which I'm not sure I can attach
here. However, looking at one, I saw most lines were the same. So
I tried removing the repeating normal lines like this:

# cat cm_shared-rebalance.log | egrep -v "completed migration of|migrate data called on|attempting to move" > leader1-cm_shared-rebalance.log-filtered
# xz -9 leader1-cm_shared-rebalance.log-filtered

So I have attached the above and the volume info.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly and I know the above is just
one of the 9 leaders. It's almost like the gluster NFS server was losing
track of the moves in terms of serving the clients.

Thanks again !!! Attached some details! Happy to attach more! Finally a
problem I can reproduce at will in the lab :) :)

PS: I can make stuff available on an ftp server too.