[Gluster-users] To RAID or not to RAID...

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 15:29:10 UTC 2020

Hi Markus,

Distributed dispersed volume is just LVM's linear LV -> so in case of brick failiure - you loose the data on it.

Raid 6 requires  2 disks  for parity, so you can make a large RAID6 and use that as a single brick - so the disks that hold  the parity data are  only 6 ( 3 nodes x 2 disks).

Of course  if you have too many disks  for a single raid controller ,that you can consider a  replica volume  with an arbiter.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov