[Gluster-users] Expanding distributed dispersed volumes

Strahil hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 15:19:18 UTC 2020

Hi Markus,

It depends on the volume type.

Replica volume:

A) Extend your bricks' Filesystem (all bricks must be of same size)
B) Add new bricks. If you have  'replica 2' volume -> add  2 new bricks, 'replica 3' -> 3 new bricks . If you have a regular arbiter  -> then last of the new  bricks  will be an arbiter brick.

Distributed volume:

A) Extend the bricks' Filesystem
B) Add a new brick

Distributed  Replicated  -> same as  replicated.

Best Regards,