[Gluster-users] healing of big files

vlad f halilov vfh at swemel.ru
Tue Jan 14 08:57:08 UTC 2020

Hi there. I'm trying to deploy replicated 2+1 cluster with gluster 5.5.1
(debian 10) as vm image storage for libvirt, but have an issue with
healing disconnected node. Example:

1) node4 + node5 - storages with one brick, node2 - arbiter.
2) Creating volume with defaults, and making a file (5Gb) in mounted fs,
running 'dd bs=1024k count=5000 if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/zero'
3) Now restarting node5, and executing 'echo >>/mnt/zero' on node2. So
file /mnt/zero become little changed and need to heal.

# gluster volume heal vmpool info

Brick node5:/data/glusterfs/vmpool/brick1/brick
Number of entries: -

Brick node4:/data/glusterfs/vmpool/brick1/brick
/zero
Number of entries: 1

Brick node2:/data/glusterfs/vmpool/brick1/brick
/zero
Number of entries: 1

4) After node5 has reconnected, healing procedure has begun, but looks
that about to entire file have transferred from synced node to unsynced,
instead just changed blocks. (ifconfig on node5 showed '        RX
packets 269790  bytes 5293724127 (4.9 GiB)) - so little less  than 5Gb
file'   I tried 'difff' mode (gluster volume set vmpool
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm diff) but with no effect. Any idea,
whats wrong?

--
vlad f halilov
swemel