[Gluster-users] [External] Re: Problems with gluster distributed mode and numpy memory mapped files

Jewell, Paul Paul.Jewell at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Tue Jan 7 14:21:14 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Just as a follow up on this. I changed the mount options line to look like:

server:/gv0 /data glusterfs defaults,_netdev,direct-io-mode=disable 0 0

The change was adding the part "direct-io-mode=disable".

After this and a complete reboot of the cluster, it appears the problem has been solved.

So I guess I would recommend using this "direct-io-mode=disable" when working with numpy files.

Thanks,
-Paul