[Gluster-users] No gluster NFS server on localhost

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 13:54:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:19 AM Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 2:27 PM Xie Changlong <zgrep at 139.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Birgit
>>

>>      Gnfs is not build in glusterfs 7.0 by default, you can build the
>> source code with: ./autogen.sh; ./configure  --enable-gnfs
>>
>> to enable it.
>>

> I'm not sure that explains it.
> Gluster 7 was released in November[1].
> My patch for this [2] was merged only to Master, late December.
> It was never backported to 7.x.

Installed from where?

And by 7.0 all the Gluster community packages* finally disabled gnfs after
years of warning that gnfs was deprecated and that the gnfs bits would
eventually not be built and packaged.

FWIW I know that Debian, Ubuntu, and SUSE build their own "official"
packages. They may or may not have disabled gnfs in their packages.

* E.g. from download.gluster.org, the Gluster Launchpad PPA, the Gluster
OpenSUSE OBS, and the CentOS Storage SIG.

--

Kaleb