[Gluster-users] How can I remove a wrong information in "Other names" while checking gluster peer status?

Sanju Rakonde srakonde at redhat.com
Fri Jan 3 13:22:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

In every node of the cluster, at /var/lib/glusterd/peers/ directory, we
will have peer related information. To come out of this situation, you have
to delete hostname=nas28 from the file, whose name is uuid of node nas23 in
all the nodes (except npde nas23). The file will be present
under /var/lib/glusterd/peers/.

You can find the uuid of node nas23 at /var/lib/glusterd/glusterd.info file
in nas23 node.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 6:19 PM DUCARROZ Birgit <birgit.ducarroz at unifr.ch>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had a mistake in my hosts file which I corrected now.
>
> gluster peer status tells me
>
> Hostname: nas23
> Uuid: 23f98658-7bee-4b7d-991d-be35t9q4g008
> State: Peer in Cluster (Connected)
> Other names:
> nas23
> nas28
>
> The problem is nas28 which should not appear.
>
> I tried to stop-start gluster service on both servers, this did not help.
>
> gluster peer detach nas28
> peer detach: failed: Brick(s) with the peer nas28 exist in cluster
>
> How can I correct this problem?
>
> Thank you for any help.
> Regards,
> Birgit
> ________
>
> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> APAC Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
>
> NA/EMEA Schedule -
> Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Thanks,
Sanju