[Gluster-users] Docker swarm on top of Replica 3?

Shareef Jalloq shareef at jalloq.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 07:10:42 UTC 2020

Hi there,

New user here and I'm still reading documentation but had a question
regarding suitability of Gluster for different applications. I've just read
the note that states Gluster isn't suitable for things like a NoSQL DB and
wanted to know more.

So on the DB front, what's the technical reason for this? High iops to
small files? Have I missed the documentation for this?

What I'm trying to do is build a HA Docker Swarm on top of Gluster. I was
assuming I could just mount the Gluster volume to /mnt/persistent_data, or
whatever, and use Docker Volumes to map into the containers? Are there
reasons for not doing this?

One of the services I need to run is Git LFS which uses a DB to store
large/binary files and uses file locking. Is this an issue?

Thanks, Shareef.