[Gluster-users] How safe are major version upgrades?

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Tue Aug 25 03:46:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

We have a production system with around 50GB of data running GlusterFS
5.13. It has 3 replicating/mirrored nodes, and also geo-replicates to
another site.

How safe would it be to upgrade to a more recent major version, eg 7.x? I'm
not sure how recommended in-place upgrades are, or if a complete re-install
is necessary for safety.

We have a maximum window of around 4 hours for this upgrade and would not
want any significant risk of an unsuccessful upgrade at the end of that
time.

Is version 8.0 considered stable?

Thanks in advance,

--