[Gluster-users] gluster over vdo, problem with gfapi

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed Aug 12 07:00:52 UTC 2020

Hello!

We are testing gluster 8 on centos 8.2 and we try to use volume created
over vdo.

This is 2 nodes setup.

There is lvm created over vdo, and xfs filesystem.

Test vm runs just fine if  we run vm over fuse:

   <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='directsync'/>
      <source file='/root/pool/stewjon.img'/>
      <target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/>

/root/pool/ is fuse mount.

but if we try to run:

   <disk type='network' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='directsync'/>
      <source protocol='gluster' name='pool/stewjon.img'>
        <host name='127.0.0.1'/>
      </source>
      <target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/>
    </disk>

then vm boot dies, qemu says- no bootable device.

It works without cache='directsync' though.

But live migration does not work.

btw, everything work OK if we run VM on gluster volume without vdo...

Any ideas what can cause this and how it can be fixed?

Thank you!