[Gluster-users] gluster v6.8: systemd units disabled after install

Hu Bert revirii at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:37:29 UTC 2020

Hi Alex & Strahil,

I (roughly) documented the installation process:

- install gluster packages
- start services (glusterd, glustereventsd) manually
- create volume & mount

After that i did a reboot of server1 to see if everything's fine
afterwards - no, services weren't started. Same on server2. On server3
i enabled both services -> after the reboot everything was fine.

That was the status on server1:

systemctl status glusterd.service
● glusterd.service - GlusterFS, a clustered file-system server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/glusterd.service; disabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:glusterd(8)

preset: enabled; but status disabled - i don't know how that may have
happened, as i surely didn't disable them. Strange.

Best Regards,
Hubert