[Gluster-users] gnfs split brain when 1 server in 3x1 down (high load) - help request

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 08:23:00 UTC 2020

On 08/04/20 4:59 am, Erik Jacobson wrote:
> Apologies for misinterpreting the backtrace.
>
> #0  afr_read_txn_refresh_done (frame=0x7ffcf4146478,
> this=0x7fff64013720, err=5) at afr-read-txn.c:312
> #1  0x00007fff68938d2b in afr_txn_refresh_done
> (frame=frame at entry=0x7ffcf4146478, this=this at entry=0x7fff64013720,
> err=5, err at entry=0)
>       at afr-common.c:1222
Sorry, I missed this too.
> (gdb) print event_generation
> $3 = 0
>
> (gdb) print priv->fav_child_policy
> $4 = AFR_FAV_CHILD_NONE
>
> I am not sure what this signifies though.  It appears to be a read
> transaction with no event generation and no favorite child policy.
>
> Feel free to ask for clarification in case my thought process went awry
> somewhere.

Favorite child policy is only for automatically resolving split-brains
and is 0 unless that volume option is set. The problem is indeed that
event_generation is zero. Could you try to apply this logging patch and
see if afr_inode_event_gen_reset() for that gfid is hit or if
afr_access() has a zero event_gen to begin with?

Thanks,

Ravi