[Gluster-users] VM settings

Ramon Selga ramon.selga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 10:09:57 UTC 2019

In a very few situations raw gives a little more performance but in most of
cases qcow2 is good enough, we're using qcow2 by default: it allows
snap-shooting and thin provisioning.

If you have redundant PSU's you can use writeback or writethrough (safest). No
need for directsync with xfs in vm's. Remember to switch disk queue scheduler to
none or at least deadline.

Some gluster parameters we use in production for vm's:

gluster vol set vmstore features.shard-block-size 256MB;
gluster vol set vmstore features.shard enable;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.read-ahead off;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.quick-read off;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.io-cache off;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.stat-prefetch off;
gluster vol set vmstore cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm full;
gluster vol set vmstore client.event-threads 2;
gluster vol set vmstore server.event-threads 2;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.client-io-threads on;
gluster vol set vmstore network.remote-dio enable;
gluster vol set vmstore performance.force-readdirp false;
gluster vol set vmstore dht.force-readdirp false;

El 11/09/19 a les 15:04, Cristian Del Carlo ha escrit: